on Jun 10, 2021
If you are having a bathroom makeover, and you are planning to add a bathtub, a walk in bath is an ideal choice, especially if you have older people at home or family members who may have difficulties with their movement.
A walk-in bathtub allows you to soak in the water like a regular bath would do. However, the difference is that it has a door that you can open to get in. The step is lower for getting in, and it also comes with a seat for more convenient bathing. Using this bathtub has its pros and cons. We listed some of them below to help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.
- It is safer and more convenient. Since it has a door that you can open, you can get in more easily. Standard bathtubs will require you to step in by going over the edge. It can be difficult if you have joint or muscle pains or you are having difficulties moving. Older people will also find it more convenient to use. Since the step is low, there is a lower risk of falling or sliding.
- It is deeper than regular bathtubs. While it is narrower, it is deeper than standard tubs, allowing you to soak better. Although it has an elevated seat, you can still immerse your entire body in the water because of its depth.
- It’s easier to clean. Some walk-in bathtubs are self-cleaning, so you don’t have to worry about having to worry about this part. Maintenance is minimal if the bathtub has this feature.
- It comes with water jets. The water jets will massage your body, alleviating stress and sores. Bath time will be more relaxing with this.
- It could have a heated seat. The seat may be heated so that you will feel warm while waiting for the water to fill.
- It takes time to fill. Since it has a door, you need to get in the bathtub, then fill it with water. While filling the water, you might get cold since your lower part is soaked, but the other parts of your body are exposed to the air. A heated seat would help with this issue.
- There is a risk of water spill. If you do not secure the door properly, water may spill, and your bathroom will flood with water. Also, ensure that you have the right level of water, so it does not overflow. See to it that it has drained fully before you go out because it will also cause water to go all over the bathroom floor.
- It costs higher. Another disadvantage of a walk-in bathtub is its cost. It is more expensive than standard bathtubs. However, if you have the budget and you want the convenience that it brings, it is a great investment to add to your bathroom.
Consider these pros and cons before deciding if a walk-in bathtub is a right choice for you. If you decide to go with it, measure your bathroom properly to ensure that the bathtub will fit well.